Best 10 Tool Items To Keep Your Home Organized
Even the most frugal person I know will occasionally splurge on an item that will help her keep more organized. Here are some of my favorite organizational tools for the home.
- Lazy Susan, Thanks to the soul who invented this little item! They're cheap, and help keep spices, bottles, and condiments neatly arranged and at your fingertips. Use them in the pantry, in cabinets, on the kitchen table - they're absolutely life savers when it comes to staying organized.
- Plastic Basket for Lids, Plastic containers - a double edged sword! One the one hand they keep me organized and save tons of time in the kitchen, especially. But searching through ten thousand lids that don't fit can drive a person nutty. I use a plastic basket for all my lids so they're in one spot when I go looking.
- A Triple Swing-out Towel Holder, Put these under your kitchen and bathroom sinks to save space and keep your sink area uncluttered. Use it to hold towels, cleaning rags, trash bags, etc.
- Place a few strong adhesive hooks in the laundry room - these can be used for hanging coats, clothes, etc. Hooks are great to hang up mops, brooms and other cleaning supplies, too.
- Plastic Baggies with Zipper Locks, How did our ancestors survive without them? Baggies are perfect to store small toys, puzzle pieces, and any little items that go together in one spot. The two-gallon sized ones are my favorite.
- A Labeler, These don't have to be expensive to work. And having containers and shelf spaces labeled is a great way to help children keep their items organized, as well as yourself. Do yourself a favor – use a labeler for a week, and you'll wonder hoe you ever lived without one.
- A Compartment Tray for Your Junk Drawer, Occasionally, I actually open my junk drawer to search for something! Having miscellaneous items in little compartments of the tray will save you time and frustration when you go searching.
- A TV Remote Holder, How much time have you wasted looking for this little item? Make or purchase a holder for your remote, or put velcro on the back and stick it someplace near the couch.
- Laundry Sorting Bin, Less than ten bucks, these bins help keep your dirty laundry organized, so that when you're ready to wash the whites, they're all in the same spot. No more digging through a giant hamper to find the right clothes! This makes laundry time so much simpler!
- Two-tiered Spice Racks, These cabinet organizers save time and hassle in the kitchen. How many times have you searched for the oregano - behind the cinnamon, no - the nutmeg...Wait -where was the nutmeg? You get the idea.
These items are by no means all the great organizing tools out there, but they're my choices for time saving and hassle free living!